(Issued 3/3/2018 9 AM) Moderate to major coastal flooding is expected across today’s (3/3/2018) midday high tide (12:05 PM) with shore roads and low lying areas expected to be closed. Please avoid travel in any area prone to flooding and prepare accordingly.
Any home or business that was previously affected by recent storms and flooding should especially take caution.
Strong winds may cause power outages and we are asking citizens to avoid travel. If your home is being flooded or if you are in danger, call 911 for immediate assistance. Emergency teams are prepared to assist anyone in need so call 911 right away.
Roads may be slick in areas, so we remind all to take caution if driving. Roadways most prone to splash-over at astronomically high tides will be at greatest risk of inundation.
Updates will be forthcoming and will be shared on the City of Gloucester website and social media pages so please visit www.gloucester-ma.gov. Thank you for your assistance and please use 911 for any flooding or emergency needs.
National Grid has been preparing for power outages in different areas across the North Shore, including Gloucester. If any outages do occur in your area, it is imperative that they be reported via the National Grid Customer Service or Outage Reporting phone lines as listed below. Every outage phone call that we receive is logged into our outage tracking system and better enables us to pinpoint the location of the issue. The sooner National Grid can identify the location of the issue, the quicker a response can be sent.
REMINDERS/ SAFETY INFORMATION
- Flood safety tips: https://www.mass.gov/
- Storm preparedness and safety information: https://www.mass.
- Power outage preparedness and safety information: https://www.mass.
- Safety and preparedness tips for extreme cold: https://www.mass.gov/
- Winter safety tips for pets: https://www.mass.gov/
MASSACHUSETTS EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AGENCY SITUATIONAL AWARENESS STATEMENT
Latest weather and emergency reports can be seen using the following links and resource lines:
- Live weather maps and climate information: https://memamaps.
maps.arcgis.com/apps/ MapSeries/index.html?appid= 0da6e4d888b74317b52b7a5064aa3d c2
- Power outage map reporting: https://mema.
- Latest situation charts, messages and social media friendly messaging: https://www.